Instead of taking your dog to a professional groomer, why don’t you buy dog grooming clippers? Although it’s an excellent investment as you’re saving money, buying the best clippers is not an easy task. You must take several factors into consideration, like your dog’s coat, how often you’ll be using the clippers, do you want cord or cordless clippers and so on. Finding out what type of clippers you need means solving the easier part of the problem. The hardest part is that there are plenty of dog grooming clippers on the market, but hey, we did the work for you. We compiled a list with the best dog grooming clippers. Check out their features and don’t forget to consult with your dog before making the final decision!
These Andis dog grooming clippers have 10 blades included and are low maintenance and offer quiet and fast operation and superb performance. There’s no need for greasing or oiling of internal parts.
These clippers are listed at $240, but are often on sale. Click here to see if a discount is happening right now.
The customers who bought this product and wrote reviews on Amazon really love this Andis tool. It has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars (read the reviews here). Following are the features:
- 4 times bigger power than most magnetic motor dog grooming clippers;
- High-quality blades that won’t rust;
- High-powered and ultra quiet pivot motor;
- Dual speed control so that you can work at the speed you want;
- Works at 3,400 RPM which is more than enough for most dog breeds.
Weakness: it gets hot.
Andis AG2 is great for those who are looking for a professional heavy-duty clipper that is relatively quiet (so it doesn’t scare your dog) and stays cool. You’re actually getting a clipper that’s compatible with many blades.
More than 70% of Amazon customers have given it 5 stars; these clippers have an amazing rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Check out the features:
- It cuts at two speeds, 2,700 SPM and 3,400 SPM;
- 4×4 blade drive that provides a nice boost in torque;
- Detachable carbon-steel blades for easy cleaning and changing;
- Works with all CeramicEdge and UltraEdge blades.
Weakness: not suitable for dogs with heavy coats.
The Oster Golden A5 Single-Speed Clippers are powerful heavy-duty universal clippers great for dog owners who want to tackle their job with ease. If you’re looking for quiet, reliable, smooth and cool-running clippers, this is the product you need.
We read more than 200 reviews on Amazon where the rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars. Check out the features:
- CryoGen-X™ blades (read more here) that stay sharp in order to provide a lifetime of use;
- Improved heavy-duty clipper that operates 30° cooler;
- 12 foot long cord;
- Comes in ultra-tough plastic housing;
- Includes 10 Cryogen-X blade, blade oil, blade guard, grease, 2 carbon brush and spring accessories, and cleaning brush.
Weakness: it overheats fast.
The Oster A5 dog grooming clippers are also made for heavy-duty use. They use a powerful rotary motor that cuts at two speeds, so if you want, you can easily tone the clipper down. Almost 1,000 customers wrote reviews on Amazon; the rating is 4.2 out of 5 stars and 60% of the customers have given this Oster clipper 5 stars.
Here are the features:
- They cut at two speeds, 3,000 SPM and 4,000 SPM;
- Remarkably quiet considering their power;
- Includes CryogenX blade with AgION coating;
- Detachable blade system for easy and quick blade changing.
Weakness: it overheats fast.
The Wahl U-Clip has a powerful shunt motor perfect for medium-duty, trimming and clipping. It features all the essential accessories necessary for a safe and successful dog grooming session.
Out of the 50 customers who bought this product and wrote a review on Amazon, 60% have given it 5 stars. This product has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. The features are:
- Adjustable taper control for more efficient grooming;
- Specially designed shunt motor with 7,200 SPM;
- Comfort grip for hard-to-reach areas;
- 1/8″, 3/8″, 1/4″ and 1/2″ guide combs.
Weakness: not suitable for dogs with thin, curly hair.
The Wahl 9160-210 Pet Clipper Kit is an innovatively designed tool engineered to perfection for fast and easy grooming. It comes with superior touch-ups, like carbon-steel blades and sturdy cord.
It has an Amazon rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars and about 60% of customers who bought it have given it 5 stars. Some of the features of these Wahl dog grooming clippers are:
- Carbon-steel blades that sharpen themselves;
- Perfect for touch-up and trims;
- The kit is equipped with blade guard, oil, 4 combs, cleaning brush, styling comb, and hard carrying case;
- Combs: 1/8″ (3mm), 1/4″ (6mm), 3/8″ (10mm), 1/2″ (13mm);
Weakness: not suitable for dogs with tough coat.
When it comes to dog grooming clippers, plenty of options can be found on the market, but not all are worth the investment. These six models however are some of the best and most popular options around. Dogs love them, dog owners love them. Whatever you choose, your dog will be well-trimmed and happy.